Mindfulness Based Leadership Development
Any coach can give you good results. My clients get transformational results by gaining both the internal and external skills that are crucial for success.
“Kimberly is a tremendous asset and has my highest recommendation!” - GH, Director
The Top 1% of Coaches Worldwide
I’m credentialed as a Master Certified Coach (MCC) from the International Coach Federation, which awards this honor to the top 1% of coaches worldwide. There are fewer than 450 MCC’s in the United States, and only 81 in the entire state of California.
For those outside of the coaching profession, credentialing can be a bit of a mystery. It’s not immediately apparent how industry credentials translate into competency, nor how difficult each is to obtain. There is actually a significant difference between the coaching credentials, with more than 2500 hours of coach experience required to even apply for the MCC credential. To put that in perspective, the next level below MCC requires only 500 hours of experience to apply. Additionally, most coaches who apply for the MCC credential are rejected.
In addition to my Master Certified Coach credential, I have a master’s degree in Psychology, a certificate in Integrative Wellness Coaching, and two teaching credentials in science. I’m a contributor to the invitation-only Forbes Coaches Council and founded the Santa Cruz Coaches, which I chair. If you’re looking for transformative personal and professional development, you’re in the right place. With more than 20 years of experience, I’m an expert in unlocking human potential.
Leadership development is personal development. You cannot get one without the other.
Like any coach, I motivate, inspire, design challenges, encourage, and foster greatness in my clients. But among coaches, because of my training and experience I’m unusually perceptive. My coaching style is based on evidence-based science along with the deep presence that comes from 25 years of spiritual practice: yoga, meditation, and intensive in-person training with indigenous spiritual leaders in North, Central, and South America. I’m told that my clients appreciate my compassion, integrity, and no-BS approach.
You can count on me for creative and bold counsel. I excel at unleashing the creative, outside the box brilliance of smart, talented individuals. I am curious, exploratory, and highly intuitive by nature. These qualities empower my clients to trust themselves more fully, making them more effective in a rapidly changing world.
Experienced and Professional Thought-leadership
I’m a free-spirited, rare combination of savvy business smarts, artistic sensibility, intuition, practicality, and entrepreneurial drive. My life goal? To play at the intersection of passion, inquiry, engagement, and grit.
- Master of Arts in Psychology, specialization in Organizational Development; Saybrook University
- Bachelor of Science in Ecology / Adult Education, with honors; University of Minnesota-Twin Cities
- Master Certified Coach Credential; International Coach Federation
- Integrative Wellness Coaching Certification; Saybrook University
- Professional Coach Certification; Learning Journeys Center of Coaching
- Teaching Credential, Life Sciences; State of California
- Teaching Credential, Earth and Space Sciences; State of California
- Sustainable Compassion Training; Lama John Makransky (meditation/mindfulness)
- Conflict Resolution and Restorative Justice Training; Minnesota Department of Corrections
- Psychological Recovery & Disaster Mental Health Training; Federal Emergency Management Agency
- Outdoor Adventure Leadership; University of Minnesota
- Diversity Training for Overseas Diplomats; United States Peace Corps
- Relator – I go deep and am honest.
- Strategic – I easily see patterns and the “best way through.”
- Individualization – I am a keen observer and easily draw out the best in people.
- Responsibility – I own what I say I will do, and am honest and loyal.
- Achiever – I am diligent, focused, and persistent.
- Highly attuned to people’s emotions, needs, and motivations
- Wants to help others achieve their potential
- Acts as a catalyst with individual and group growth
- Calls attention to the process as well as the content
Enneagram: 2w3: Helper/Achiever
- Loves to create connection
- Exudes aura of well-being and genuine warmth
- Hard working and wants tangible evidence of success
DiSC: High D, high I/S
- Reduces barriers to performance in others
- Takes on assignments others believe are impossible and achieves them
- Thrives in fast paced environments
- Brings enthusiasm, optimism, and a drive to succeed
- Socially poised and confident
- Approaches challenges in a direct and optimistic manner